Green Garbanzo Tomatillo chutney
A quick recipe that came out of not wanting to use coconut….because I didn’t have any.
What You Need
How its done
– Cook green garbanzo with a little water and salt in the microwave, ~ 5-7 minutes on high usually cooks it
– Chop the green onions and chillies; dice the tomatillos
– heat oil in a pan and add the green onions. Sauté a few minutes till the onion looses it raw flavor
– add the tomatillos and cook on high flame so they char a bit; add the chillies and cook till the tomatillos are lightly browned. Add the green garbanzo, salt and pepper
– Blend the mixture into a smooth paste, adding a little water.
– Chutney is ready! Serve with chips, carrot, upma or idli.